Erasure II: An History

Buddha had a penis

During first year at university, I had the opportunity to fraternize with a person of religious affiliation not of my own. They aided me with some direct experience. At the time I was practicing Buddhism heavily and, in retrospect, I am glad our union was not a single drunken experience. That would have be doubly troublesome. It was a challenge to [maintain romance] in the relationship and it withered within a few months.


I'm unsure whether I was actively sabotaging our relation-ship, or whether it "just wasn't going to work out". Moreover, they did not attend the university that I attended and had certain motives that I justifiably did not trust. Nevertheless I appreciate and thank them for sharing their time with me.
Doing Sex - Tips for the Adventurous Asexual: http://tinyurl.com/mgh3oj

Asexy friends


And even before then, I had one friend of the opposite sex--she is with vagina. Ours has primarily been and still is an asexual relationship. It has taught and teaches me about ways to make love and be a good friend without having to touch orifices. Though acquainted in high school, we weren't preoccupied with trying desperately to remove one another's pants, as such a sophomoric relationship would have called for. We explored the high school jungle trip together.

I should mention I have few 'friends', in the common sense of the word, for simplicity: I want only a manageable amount of people living in my head. Especially so, if they are cultured in the same environment as I. Many budding relationships have suffered or remained stagnant.

Finding A-life

I ran across asexuality (on facebook, then AVEN) while surfing the web a few months before I met my cultured lover and long after my asexual relationship with my sexual beloved. From what I gathered about the community, asexuality seemed very much based online and frankly, boring and seemed to have attributes of noob-ish inbreeding: much bickering and attention-seeking behavior. However, I now believe all this should be permitted and encouraged since only a tiny percentage of people in the general public seem to know about or and respect asexuality... So, as they say, "the more the better", no matter the motive. I think it's all positively productive and adds to the conversation, which is what we need, more conversation.

During that freshman year, the idea of asexuality resounded clearly and distinctly in the deepest parts of my consciousness. I knew I would return: that the echoes would call back to me, someday. This is that day...well, week.